C.S. Wo & Sons Ltd., Hawaii’s largest furniture conglomerate is opening a new division, Red Knot, catering to the millennial generation. With a younger market in mind, C.S. Wo & Sons ties an additional string to their current furniture operations, which include C.S Wo Gallery, HomeWorld, SlumberWorld and Ashley Furniture Homestores. Introducing a new concept that offers well-designed home furnishing and accessories at affordable prices–Red Knot reflect the millennial’s love of self-expression, creativity and individuality.
Vibrant upholstery, sleek lines, and rustic and vintage casual vignettes flow smoothly from one style to another.
Walking into the store, you feel the upbeat (and very urban) energy of the brand, from the pumping music, industrial interiors (the brick and sand-board walls, concrete floors and low light fixtures gives it a lofty feel), grafitti wall, to their enthusiastic team members, or home furnishing consultants. The team members will encourage you to roam freely in the showroom all the while being available for assistance. A clipboard with grid papers/notepad allows you to sketch or take notes on your favorite pieces. You even get a free pen and measuring tape for visiting the store! I hear they also have the coolest store manager ever 😉
Grand Opening: Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Some pics below:
Red Knot is definitely not your typical furniture store. Design-savvy, inexpensive, fun— go and see for yourself.
Visit any of our two locations at Pearlridge and Honolulu
98-107 Kamehameha Hwy.
Aiea, Hawaii 96701
702 S Beretania St.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
To preview collections, you can also drop by our website www.redknothawaii.com
Follow us on instagram @redknothawaii #redknothawaii
Come & visit Red Knot’s Team Leader/Boss Lady- yours truly, Miss Honey.
Sunday evening my inner domestic goddess decided she wanted to bake cookies.
Using scraps I found in my cupboard and fridge, and a little bit of help from google (on substituting baking powder for baking soda), I created my super delish version of Peanut Butter & Toffee Cookies.
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Natural Honey Peanut Butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup Heath toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
In a separate bowl (large) beat butter and sugar using an electric mixer- setting on high. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add peanut butter and egg and beat until smooth.
Change mixer setting to low. Slowly add flour mixture.
Stir in toffee.
Drop 1 tablespoon of batter onto baking sheets about 1 inch apart
Flatten with a fork if you like.
Bake until edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!!!! Tastes even yummier with milk!!!
Good morning my darlings!
As most of us know, Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away (Sunday, May 13). An annual celebration to recognize beautiful mothers, motherhood, maternal bonds, and mother-figures, Mother’s Day is one of the most special days of the year. It’s a time to give Mom a break, take her out to lunch, have some bonding time, and just remind her that despite of the little arguments here and there, she is irreplaceable, and you are blessed with her presence. Of course, it’s a nice time to give her a thoughtful gift as well.
If you don’t have the slightest idea what to get mom this year, here are some cute finds I saw online that just might touch mom’s heart.
1. PERFUME- No. 5 by Chanel a classic, glamorous scent she’ll love
2. SCENTED CANDLES and/or CANDLEHOLDER– Amber Lilies Flower Decorative Tealight Candle Holder moms can add an amber glow of candlelight in any home
3. JEWELRY- Sterling Silver Circle “Mother” Graffiti Pendant gives her wardrobe a little sparkle, while reminding her how special she is
4. HOME SPA TREATMENT- Green Tea Zen Calming Spa Bath and Body Set Gift Basket a calming Zen inspired spa set to help relieve mom’s stress
5. WALL ART/FRAME- Umbra Huddle 11-Opening Wall Frame capture and share the memories
6. COOK BOOK- The French Laundry Cookbook encourage mom to increase her culinary experience…
7. COSMETICS- YSL Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick so she’ll always look and feel pretty
8. CASES/COVERS- Kate Spade Kindle Touch Case Cover for the tech moms, cases for iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Nook, etc….
9. COFFEE MUG- Wonder Woman Ceramic Travel Mug because highly energized moms are always saving the world, there’s no better way to say it.
10. TOTE BAG- Michael Kors Jet Set Top Zip Tote Handbag for moms who are always on the go
For you lucky boys and gals who still are able to spend this precious day with your mother, don’t make excuses and do what you can to make it happen. Mothers are only around for so long, and even though I myself haven’t had the luxury to take my mother out to lunch, or buy her a Mother’s Day gift for 13 years now, I was blessed to have encountered mother figures in my life to celebrate this day with.