I absolutely do and in addition to coffee, I have to have it every morning or I have no energy for the rest of the day. Sometimes I might also get a little grouchy. But I don’t like to have it too early in the morning. The best breakfast is eaten after 10am but before noon. Oh yes, so sorry…. that actually makes it brunch. So I retract my statement.
I love brunch. I do. 🙂
Another highlight during our trip to Japan was the food. So much food!!!! Of course Japan has the most exquisite selection of food and they are served to perfection. From the sushi to the takoyaki to the noodles to the broiled salmon to the supermarket bentos, everything was just… perfect.
And for brunch lovers like me who are searching for the PERFECT breakfast/lunch cafe, let me introduce to you Brother’s Café.
Brother’s Café is a quaint little pancake house in Namba, Osaka- their second location is in Umeda. Brother’s Cafe serves a variety of pancakes, toasts and sandwiches. They also serve coffee, which smells decadent as you enter the shop, and matcha. It was here that I was introduced to spoon pancake- a pancake soooo fluffy you can eat it with a spoon. Spoon pancake is limited to their Namba location and takes 20 minutes to bake. It tasted heavenly and worth the wait.
Here are photos, I’ll let you swoon (and maybe even drool a little ;P)
Still drooling? Here’s a quick little video of our dine-in…
Brother’s Café is a cozy restaurant that can satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth…..including me!
No, not me, honey – honey. Like Honey, as in Honey Bee.
Honey is one of the most powerful food on the planet.
Besides the fact that it has a shelf life of almost forever, Honey is proven to have a vast list of health benefits for the whole body. It’s literally liquid gold. A sweet, golden fluid from beehives loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties that when kept in its raw state, can be stored for centuries and still be edible. Honey contains hidden nutritional and medicinal value used for thousands of years, and can be traced back to Ancient Egyptians.
One tablespoon of honey = 64 Calories, 0% Fat
Here are some amazing health benefits of Honey:
1. Helps with Allergies: Aid in reducing allergy symptoms because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Natural Energy Booster: Honey has high-carbohydrate load without the processed sugar. Honey’s natural sugars also prevent fatigue during exercise.
3. Cold Relief: Soothes sore throat and is a natural cough suppressant.
4. Memory Booster: Honey helps the brain absorb calcium, helping to enhance memory and prevent cognitive decline and dementia.
5. Anti-Cancer: Studies show that honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties.
6. Wounds and Burns: A natural remedy containing antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing swelling and pain, and even scarring.
7. Skin & Beauty Must-Have: Honey helps prevent acne, deep-clean pores, decrease wrinkle and fine lines and increase cell renewal.
Isn’t Honey just undeniably remarkable?!! Sweet and powerful there is no denying it.
Below are some of my Beauty Faves with Honey as a key ingredient::
Garnier“Honey Treasures” Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo- A delicious fragrance of royal jelly, honey, and propolis extracts strengthens hair and helps prevent split ends and breakage.
Touch in Sol“Feel Like Honey Moon” Skin Base- A honey and collagen-based rejuvenating skin primer that supports smoother skin for flawless makeup application.
The Body Shop“Honeymania” Hand Cream- Helps soften and protect hands with light, juicy moisture.
Freeman Beauty Infusion“Manuka Honey” Hydrating Cream Mask – Manuka Honey softens while skin-plumping Collagen helps to improve elasticity and restore smoothness.
Marc Jacobs“Honey” Fragrance- A sunny, delicious floral—energetic and alluring, with a sparkling, golden touch. The perfect mix of brightness and warmth. See a my previous post introducing this fragrance back in 2013.