There is something about Honey.
No, not me, honey – honey. Like Honey, as in Honey Bee.
Honey is one of the most powerful food on the planet.
Besides the fact that it has a shelf life of almost forever, Honey is proven to have a vast list of health benefits for the whole body. It’s literally liquid gold. A sweet, golden fluid from beehives loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties that when kept in its raw state, can be stored for centuries and still be edible. Honey contains hidden nutritional and medicinal value used for thousands of years, and can be traced back to Ancient Egyptians.
One tablespoon of honey = 64 Calories, 0% Fat
Here are some amazing health benefits of Honey:
1. Helps with Allergies: Aid in reducing allergy symptoms because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Natural Energy Booster: Honey has high-carbohydrate load without the processed sugar. Honey’s natural sugars also prevent fatigue during exercise.
3. Cold Relief: Soothes sore throat and is a natural cough suppressant.
4. Memory Booster: Honey helps the brain absorb calcium, helping to enhance memory and prevent cognitive decline and dementia.
5. Anti-Cancer: Studies show that honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties.
6. Wounds and Burns: A natural remedy containing antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing swelling and pain, and even scarring.
7. Skin & Beauty Must-Have: Honey helps prevent acne, deep-clean pores, decrease wrinkle and fine lines and increase cell renewal.
Isn’t Honey just undeniably remarkable?!! Sweet and powerful there is no denying it.
Below are some of my Beauty Faves with Honey as a key ingredient::
- Garnier “Honey Treasures” Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo- A delicious fragrance of royal jelly, honey, and propolis extracts strengthens hair and helps prevent split ends and breakage.
- Touch in Sol “Feel Like Honey Moon” Skin Base- A honey and collagen-based rejuvenating skin primer that supports smoother skin for flawless makeup application.
- The Body Shop “Honeymania” Hand Cream- Helps soften and protect hands with light, juicy moisture.
- Laura Mercier “Crème Brûlée Honey Bath” – A foaming, honey-scented moisture bath.
- Farmacy “Honey Potion” Antioxidant Hydrating Mask – This super hydrating mask with natural honey sugars is rich in amino acids and essential B vitamins.
- The Face Shop “Honey” Face Mask – The honey extract, with its nourishing properties, reveals younger looking, invigorated skin. Shop local @thefaceshophawaii
- Burt’s Bees “Honey” Moisturizing Lip Balm – This natural balm helps nourish your dry lips with a touch of golden Honey and Vitamin E, leaving them soft, supple and super happy.
- Josie Maran “Divine Drip Honey Butter Balm”– This indulgent body balm combines two ancient holistic ingredients—Honey and 100% Pure Argan Oil.
- Freeman Beauty Infusion “Manuka Honey” Hydrating Cream Mask – Manuka Honey softens while skin-plumping Collagen helps to improve elasticity and restore smoothness.
- Marc Jacobs “Honey” Fragrance- A sunny, delicious floral—energetic and alluring, with a sparkling, golden touch. The perfect mix of brightness and warmth. See a my previous post introducing this fragrance back in 2013.
Stay sweet & lovely darlings,
(The Real) Honey