I know what you are thinking… “Miss Honey, you should be fired for not posting any fashion-related topics, why do you even bother to call this blogosphere of yours ‘Honey’s Closet’?”
My life is currently is a huge transition right now (and when I say huge, I mean immense, massive, colossal…) Vast changes are undertaking, but let’s sit and talk about it over delicious mocha fraps another day.
Anywho, a couple days ago, the lover and I have confirmed a fantastic trip planned with the family in late September. An autumn trip in the west coast- SoCal and LV, here we come 😉
Upon receiving our flight confirmation, first thing that came to mind is, “What am I going to wear?” It’s a common question among fashionistas who wants to look fabulous but still feel comfortable sitting for hours until the plane reaches its final destination. Not to mention preflight- the wait for TSA, stopovers, and post flight- the long walk (and wait) to baggage claim followed by another ride in a taxi cab to the hotel. Ugh.
But not to worry, ladies. You can look glamorous even on the go!
Just like my previous post, Lazy Chic Fashion, the secret is to look effortless, but stylish.
Travel Wardrobe Essentials:
1. JEGGINGS- The look and protection of jeans, at the comfort of leggings, jeggings are the perfect bottoms to wear mid-air. Come on, do you REALLY want to wear shorts on a chair a million of people have sat on?!
2. BOYFRIEND TEE- Perfect for layering, a loose tee can be worn by itself or under a sweater or jacket (see #3)
3. CARDIGAN SWEATER- The perfect medium between a thick heavy coat and a long sleeve tee, cardigans are warm enough for an overnight flight, and still easy to remove through security.
4. BOOTS- Great for traveling, choose a pair that’s comfortable and have a full inside zipper for convenience at airport security.
5. SUNGLASSES– While traveling, keep makeup to minimum, and conceal tired peepers with large sunglasses from check-in through boarding.
6. OVERSIZED SCARF– A dresser upper accessory, your scarf can also act as your blanket, and hey, when folded enough, even a pillow!
7. CLASSIC DUFFEL– Holds all your basics, while looking clean and polished. Don’t forget all types of identification- State ID, passport, driver’s license. Always have a backup just in case.
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”– Jawaharial Nehru