One of the holiday season’s biggest fashion trends include metallics. An excuse to shine on like bedazzling Christmas lights without looking like an overdressed glitzy grandmama? Sure, why not.
Glittery gold is a seasonal standout, and thanks to Bruno Mars‘ current hit, even more so that you’ll feel the “24 karat magic in the air” …
Our Company Holiday Party / 2017 Kickoff happens to have a fabulous golden theme to celebrate a momentous year of achievements… As always, the plan is to not only have the most wonderful time but also look the most ravishing at these events. Also because I’m part of the party planning committee so I cannot be under-dressed. Oh, like I am never properly dressed for any occasion, hahaha, thanks.
Here is an inspiration board for a holiday gold rush featuring some of my faves….
- H&M Sequined Dress
- Tibi Éclair Sequins Cami
- Juicy Couture Jet Set Dangly Drop Earrings
- BCBG MaxAzria Chain Link Necklace
- Vince Camuto Phoebe T-Strap Sandals
- Herve Ledger Bandage Skirt
- Noir Jewelry Gold Crystal Ring
- Halston Heritage Clutch
- Elizabeth & James Roxy Cuff Bracelet
- Christian Louboutin So Kate Pumps
So what are you waiting for… Let’s set this party off right…
I hope everyone is having a fabulous 2016 so far! We’re almost going into February and with how fast January has come and is going (just two more days!), is proof that THE DAY will be here in no time.
August 7th is — 191 DAYS AWAY. (27 weeks, 2 DAYS)
So I haven’t found THE dress, and I haven’t found THE shoes. Correction. I haven’t found the dress because I haven’t found THE shoes. (Well, I did, like five months ago, but Nordstrom, ended up “not having it in-stock” as they advertised on their website, so I placed an order only to have it cancelled, but that’s a story for another day.) Thank you, Nordstrom for breaking my heart and providing the ultimate customer disservice. I still love you though, I know I will find something better.
I know what you’re thinking. Why shoes first, silly? Shouldn’t it be the dress? For those who absolutely know me, you understand how important shoes are to me. Wonderful shoes take you to wonderful places. Shoes carry the wearer, and you deserve the most beautiful pair to reflect the most exquisite person you are and the magnificent adventure heading your way. So once I find the shoe that fits, then I’ll say seriously shop for the dress.
I wanted to share some of the most alluring bridal shoes I came across, they are all so breathtaking in their own ways.
- Ariel by Betsey Johnson, features a dust of dazzling crystals and Betsey’s signature blue sole, height: 4″
- Charm by Kate Spade– shine bright, bowtiful! Dance the night away in these sparkly slingbacks featuring a sweet bow detail. Height: 4″
- Beloved by Christian Loubotin– definitely loved with intricate design, featuring floral laser cut half d’orsay. Height: 3 9/10″
- Saskia by Benjamin Adams London– turn heads in these stunning heels featuring Austrian crystals. Height: 4″
- Vivien 85 by Jimmy Choo– beautiful satin sandals finished with a sophisticated feather bow makes you feel like an angel bride. Height: 3.3″
- Karen by Nina– Satin peep-toes featuring a crystal ankle strap with adjustable bow. Height: 4″ heel & 1/2″ platform
- Narke by Menbur– beads, crystals and lacy fabric embellished on peep-toe lustrous satin. Height: 5″ heel & 1″ platform
- Reesie by I.N.C- T-strap open-toe heels with all-over rhinestones and bow accent. Height: 3 9/10″
- Poetry II by Badgley Mischka– satin pointed-toe, featuring gorgeous crystal embellishment on heel. Height: 4″
Aren’t they all sooooo astonishing? Which is your favorite?
A saying goes, “Strong women wear their pain like stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.”
Shoes are one of those things that never disappoint a woman. Any woman can put on a pair of stilettos and amazingly we get the same results. We feel sexier and more attractive, confident, glamorous and powerful. We look taller, and slimmer. We find our inner goddess, and we make men drool.
Besides the risks of looking weird while walking in uncomfortably mile-high shoes and losing balance, there are drastic damages that high heels can cause to our bone structure. Heels can lead to angle injuries, knees, and spine damages. It can also cause back pain since the pressure of wearing heels fall on our lower back.
Are the disadvantages of wearing high heels worth it? Absolutely!
Because I always believed that a great pair of shoes will take you to wonderful places.