In just a couple of days, we will be ringing in 2020! What a grand celebration as Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 marks the first day of a new decade, the 20th year of the 21st century and the 20th year of the 3rd millennium! Not to mention that 2020 is also a leap year! For ladies wanting to propose to the love of your life, you can do so this year as do the Irish 😉
Most of us go through thoughts of New Years resolutions. Whether it’s a new diet, fitness program, hobby or personal development, beginning the new year starting fresh always seems like the best time to do so. Sometimes we follow them, most times we break them.
The past few years I have quit on the NY resolutions as I have learned to just be grateful for every single day. The one thing though, that I consistently have to do is to learn something new. Never stop learning. Every day I want to learn something new. It doesn’t matter about what it is, or who it’s about. It may or may not even be relevant to my life at the moment, because for all I know it might be useful for something later. My mind is reminding me every day to “learn something, Honey.” Growth and continuous education keeps me motivated. Learning allows the mind to be knowledgeable but still curious, and always wanting more…
Here’s some inspirational quotes to encourage you this upcoming year to go beyond what you know.
- “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” – Socrates
- “What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing.” – Aristotle
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “If you are not willing to learn no one can help you. If you are determined to learn no one can stop you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
- “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “When you know better you do better.” – Maya Angelou
- “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” – Albert Einstein
BTW, fun fact I just learned: for those of us born in the 80’s, did you know we would have already experienced living in four decades (80’s, 90’s, 00’s, 10’s) going into a fifth and we have yet to reach the age of 40?! That is amazingly mind-boggling when you think about it.
Wishing you a wiser and fabulous, Happy New Year!!!